Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Help" for the Master Bedroom Retreat

"Help I don't know what I am doing", that was in the subject line of the Blackberry e-mail from my client along with a photo with various paint samples on the wall. My client, like many young professionals with hectic schedules, decided to get help with their master bedroom project. They had purchased a home on Lake Michigan and wanted to update the master and make it an "Intimate Master Retreat".


I explained that we needed to develop a plan to move froward and understand all elements required to make the right decisions. We would need a floor plan, photos of the existing space and any ideas they had about what they wanted for the end result. My client sent me several photos and a hand drawn room layout that gave me the information to do a scaled floor plan. The more information I can consider for a project, the better the end results. A great tool that I am now using is a customer e-design gallery that we can post photos and share information online; it works great for clients on the go. Great communications makes for great design and I keep everything related to their project for any future reference or additions.
My Clients told me that they wanted a Century Furniture fabric headboard and wanted the space to have a calm and soothing feeling. The headboard gave me a great place to start. We began by selecting the fabric for the headboard,which gave me the palate to select all the colors for the project. Next, I found the bedside chest from Lillian August for Hickory White. They were perfect, with a wonderful honed Carrera Marble top.





The walls are Benjamin Moore, Edgecomb Gray (HC-173) and the trim is Benjamin Moore, Chantilly Lace (OC-65).  My client was hesitate about painting the trim, and I said "Trust me on this." The color combination gave my clients the calm soothing feeling they wanted.


I developed a rendering for the project. This gave my clients the visual they needed to see the completed room. I will be posting more photos once all of the pieces are in place. Everyone will have to keep following my blog to see the final "Intimate Master Retreat" on Lake Michigan.


Please contact me if you have any questions, thoughts or comments, I would appreciate your comments very much. You can contact me through my blog links or at Furnitureland South.

I would love to read your comments !

No comments:

Post a Comment