Friday, April 1, 2011

"Dog Days of Summer" will be here again


I have been pricing lots of outdoor furniture lately and thought I would post this blog that I did last summer on the Furnitureland South Blog . The Dog Days of Summer will be here sooner than you think
Being from South Louisiana, I know the value of a soothing outdoor retreat.  When I am asked to design an outdoor space, I always remember the influences of growing up in the South and the time I spent on my grandmother’s screened porch. I remember the summer breeze coming through the screens and the relaxing motion of the ceiling fans. I also developed a love for summer flowers with their vibrant colors of yellow, white, pink and purple. These influences are timeless and will always be seen in my designs.
Sunroom
My clients wanted a timeless design created with modern materials. Their wish list included a couple of seating areas, a place for a cool drink and a snack, and a place to stretch out and read a good book. They needed durable materials that could handle entertaining, children and the weather. They also wanted to bring the same feeling out onto the patio. With plans to build an outdoor kitchen and fireplace, they needed furniture that could work now and also with future additions.


Sunroom2


I selected Brown Jordan’s Fusion and Havana Collections for the sectional, chaise lounges and bar height table and barstools.  For a different texture, I added a pair of chairs from Woodard Langrave in cast aluminum and a stone top table with cast aluminum dining chairs from Brown Jordan. The fabrics, which are all from Sunbrella, are neutral, with accents in greens. To compliment the interior and exterior fabrics, we kept the florals in the purple tones with small touches of white.  The project turned out great, and as the flower beds and new outdoor kitchen have evolved, the furniture has worked perfectly with the homeowner’s needs and changes.
Patio


Let me help you with your Timeless Outdoor Retreat, Please Comment and give me your thoughts.
Thanks and Remember,
Missy Loves Design

No comments:

Post a Comment