Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Timeless Charleston Iron


I wanted to share this beautiful piece of iron work that I saw in Charleston, SC.  I am always amazed at the beauty and the attention to detail that has lasted the test of time. Clearly what was "in" during  the 1800's is still very current for today. There is something to be said for "Timeless Design". We all get caught up in the latest trends of today, which is great because it keeps us current. However, staying grounded in timeless design, creating a new twist on traditional will keep us as designers in a the game for many years to come. Some of my favorite inspiration comes from Hickory Chair, Suzanne Kasler, Thomas O'Brien. They took 18th century and made it fresh. 

Please visit my blog at Furniturland South and my facebook design page Missy Loves Design 

I would love your comments and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment