Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Love it and It's Perfect


I posted this blog earlier on the Furnitureland South Blog and I wanted to share it again on my blog Missy Loves Design.

There are many things that a designer likes to hear from their client. The top of my list is “I Love it and it’s Perfect!”
Traditional Homes
I had been looking for dining side chairs for my client. My client and her family are petite and it had been difficult finding a chair that was comfortable and the right scale for the room. She found her image of thePerfect Chair on the cover of the November 2009 issue of Traditional Home magazine.
It's Perfect!
I was attending one of Furnitureland South’s manufacturer training sessions at P.A.M.A. Manufacturing, a family owned and operated company, located in High Point, NC. During the training I spotted, in the corner of the factory, a worn and very used chair. There it was, thePerfect Chair!! I knew it as soon as I saw it sitting there. After the meeting I spoke to Ann Marie, one of the owners. She said that was her Mom’s chair, and it was there for repair. She went on to say that the chair had been “retired” many years ago from the line. I told her my story and she agreed to let me take the chair to show my client. My client said, “I Love it and it’s Perfect!”
Chair in progress
Every designer can appreciate the feeling of excitement I was experiencing. I returned the chair to P.A.M.A. Manufacturing and spoke to Ann Marie about bringing this frame back into the line.
It's Perfect 5
It's Perfect
The decision was made to reintroduce the chair and you can see the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment